Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our mission at Rivian is to Keep the World Adventurous Forever, and our mission as the People Team is to Keep Rivian Adventurous Forever for our incredible employees. Adventure is in the eye of the beholder, and we want to help employees find memorable, meaningful and fulfilling experiences wherever they can, but our Compass guide tells us that we must start with Forever…
Today we’re operating off hundreds of millions of years of accumulated plant and animal- based carbon, and we’ve exhausted approximately half of this stored energy in the last century alone. If the planet is to continue to sustain life and enchant future generations, we have to change.
At this moment, extraordinary steps must be taken to rapidly stop the carbonization of our atmosphere. This requires individuals and entire industries to come together in ways we never have before to transition the world toward renewable energy. This is where Rivian’s potential lies — in creating solutions that both shift consumer mindsets and inspire other companies to fundamentally change the way they operate. As staggering as this may sound, and as complex as our objective is, we already have everything we need to build the kind of future our kids and our kids’ kids deserve.
It starts with harnessing the very thing every human being is born with: an adventurous spirit. There’s a reason we’re hardwired with curiosity and a capacity to invent better ways of doing things. The part of us that seeks to explore the world is the secret to making sure it remains a world worth exploring. For everyone. Forever.
We are not here to orchestrate “employee experiences.” We are here to help cultivate and nurture an environment where our employees can bring their best selves to work, harness their adventurous spirit and create their own Rivian experience. We have big dreams, and we need everyone being guided by Compass...the behaviors that guide us are Come Together, Ask Why, Stay Open, Zoom Out, and Over Deliver.
This is why the person in this role cannot just understand and appreciate our values and our culture, they must embody our values and embrace our culture. Anything less won’t get us to Forever.
- Be a passionate champion of Compass and our culture. Ensure the experiences we create help employees in various roles, functions and locations around the world.
- Partner with the People Team and cross-functional partners (Facilities, IT, Finance, Legal, Operations, ) to help make sure the employee perspective is always taken into consideration. Don’t just be the voice of the employees, be their eyes, ears and heart, too.
- Support the employee experience through the design and development of People initiative experiences and enablement.
- Develop an employee self-service strategy that helps employees easily find People information across various systems.
- Write and publish instructional support articles in ServiceNow and partner with program owners on content optimization.
- Design program enablement tools that support People leaders, functional partners and the employee experience.
- Partner closely with People leaders and program owners on Field employee experiences, strategies, and operational solutions.
- Strong collaborator and partner with internal communications, employee engagement, change management, training and operations teams to leverage expertise and execute quickly.
- Support measuring and tracking progress; analyze feedback, insights and consult on action plans.
- BA/BS in human resources, communications or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HR, communications or change management
- Some corporate and/or tech experience essential
- Strong, listening and verbal communication and presentation development skills
- Excellent writing, technical writing and editing skills
- A creative professional with the ability to build credibility in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- An affinity for HR and the ability to understand complex HR programs and translate them into clear, concise, credible and timely experiences.
- Ability to work with colleagues across organizational and cultural boundaries in support of People program goals and ensure successful implementation of programs.
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented, with the ability to develop and manage measurement metrics.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, MS Word essential; experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and web publishing preferred.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality is a must.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.