Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Infotainment Software Engineers are at the core of our feature development process, transforming high level descriptions into working software that delivers a beautiful and intuitive in-vehicle experience to Rivian drivers and passengers.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to specify and design, diagnostic interfaces, routines, fault logging, and fault reporting for the Infotainment domain.
- Work with the hardware and software engineering teams to translate the system level design into OS/RTOS platform, driver, and middleware implementations.
- Implement diagnostic software aligned with the overall system design and software development process standards.
- Measure, analyze, and optimize software to key performance indicators.
- Investigate, and resolve issues reported from vehicle testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with developing embedded system software from requirements into a functional, efficient, and validated implementation.
- Proficiency with modern C and C++. Also proficiency with associated software development tools, such as IDE’s, source code management, static analysis, and automated builds.
- Experience writing hardware diagnostics software or manufacturing test software is a big plus.
- Experience with POSIX-based embedded systems; one or more of Linux, Android, or QNX.
- Deep knowledge of one or more infotainment functional domains such as displays, cameras, graphics, audio, Ethernet, WiFi, or Bluetooth.
- Experience with low-level interfaces typical of embedded systems: such as I2C, SPI, GPIO, UART, USB, PCIe, SDIO, UFS, MDIO.
- Experience working with U-boot, device trees, and device drivers.
- Experience writing and debugging TCP/IP applications in C.
- Proficiency with Python is a plus.
- Experience debugging embedded issues with oscilloscope and other test instruments is a bonus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the automotive industry preferred.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.