Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is seeking a Document Control Manager on the Facilities Design team - a team that conceptualizes, designs and builds all physical touchpoints of Rivian’s brand from production to events to everything in between. The design team partners with external architectural and engineering consultants to ensure our brand’s vision of “keeping the world adventurous forever” comes to fruition. We are looking for a dynamic individual who can develop our design document control standards while managing our external consultants for quality control.
As part of a rapidly growing team, you will be able to establish new processes and methods of working to allow the project teams to execute at a rapid pace, ensure that the final product is first class, and establish long lasting partnerships with consultants. We have lofty wellness and sustainability goals for our spaces and know that great execution starts with great documentation.
- Develop a standard for construction documentation to enable the design team to scale from standardizing naming conventions to version control to quality control and release process.
- Develop clear and concise logging and annotation standards
- Ensure standards and quality control systems are implemented
- Stay connected with the Design Standards and Prototypes, Building Infrastructure Design, and Design Technology teams to ensure standards are reflective of the latest initiatives
- Provide adequate training and support to enable team members to successfully understand and utilize standards and procedures
- Create guidelines related to quality control and management processes
- Work closely with our external consultant partners to ensure standards are implemented and documentation deliverables meet our contracted expectations
- Maintain a log identifying consultant performance to determine long term partnerships
- Perform initial audits on all projects starting with Production
- Create and distribute Bluebeam review sessions and coordinate with internal stakeholders
- Work closely with the design team on project schedule and provide updates to track project status
- Manage BIM 360 platform for document files and organization
- Provide recommendations to the Design Technology team for process enhancements to existing or new software ensuring continuous elevation of best practices
- 5+ years of experience, with at least 2 years as a Job Captain
- A Bachelor’s degree in architecture is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of building codes, different product types, and building construction
- Passion for process and an eye for detail
- Must have strong skills in AutoCAD and Revit/BIM
- A high-level of confidence and professionalism, ability to foster teamwork, and build business relationships
- Experience with the entire project life cycle from concept through post-occupancy
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.