Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Vancouver team is chartered to develop mobile/web, software applications and SDKs for Rivian products and is composed of developers of all backgrounds with experience in IOS, Android, SDKs, IoT, Bluetooth, Web, APIs and Security... and we are growing!
As a Senior Software Engineer in this role, you will design, build and own key sections of the frontend application on the rivian.com website for vehicle management. You are an innovator and a creative problem solver with demonstrated technical abilities proven by your consistent track record of delivering flagship products to market. You have an insatiable desire to solve challenging problems and with your next career move, you are looking to make a meaningful impact. This is a unique opportunity to do just that and become part of a transportation revolution.
We are a cross functional team of all backgrounds that values diversity of culture, ideas, and talent and one of the most adventurous things we have all done recently is leave our corporate roles and become part of Rivian Vancouver
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Partner closely with Product leads to provide solutions and recommendations while driving ambiguity out of requirements and articulating the broadly applicable solutions.
- Design, build and own the web user interfaces for vehicle management such as drivers and keys.
- Implement a GraphQL layer where necessary to aggregate the API responses at scale
- Write high quality/testable code, code reviews, technical planning/research, testing/QA.
- Investigate and resolve bugs/customer issues.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects
- Cross-functionally collaborate with mobile, backend, product, design and other teams
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, with 2+ years of building enterprise grade systems.
- Typescript experience a plus
- Experience designing and building REST APIs and/or GraphQL
- Knowledge of AWS and/or GCP
- Infrastructure as code with Terraform experience a plus
- Ability to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results
- Excellent coding, documenting and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with the best in class Software development practices.
- Experience with continuous integration and code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others.
- Experience working directly with customers
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.