Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Responsible for antenna design, integration, and verification throughout the vehicle design cycle
- Responsible for antenna component level and on vehicle performance by computer modeling and simulation as well as lab and real life validation
- Define antenna placement on vehicles with attention to coexistence, desense and isolation requirements
- Work with internal cross functional teams and external vendors toward the production of world class antennas for Rivian vehicles
- Work with cross functional teams to design and develop vehicle level end-of-line testing for antennas
- Support EMI/EMC trouble shooting, and product certification
- Support component, subsystem, and vehicle level DFMEA’s, DFM’s, and validation plans/reports as related to antennas
- Support domestic travel for program milestones and factory builds
- Investigation into novel technologies and integration methods with antenna and other cross functional teams
- BS in Electrical engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- MS or PhD in RF/Electromagnetics preferred
- Experience with RF equipment for antenna characterization as well as system performance validation
- Experience in EM simulation software, such as FEKO
- Experience with desense troubleshooting
- Understanding in WiFi/BT/Cellular antenna architectures
- Coding skill for test equipment automation
- Strong communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.