Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This role is a multifaceted position that will focus on the development, growth and management of our design technology systems and automation tools across our real estate portfolio. Rivian Facilities team is designing and building many spaces which support our vehicles including workplace, customer experience centers, and automotive services stations and Factories. We are looking for a new team member who will lead and build the automations between our building data from our design models to a digital platform for end user. The Automation Manager will also develop and maintain design automation tools that improve our project delivery. This role is an individual contributor and does not have direct reports, but we will ask you to mentor and grow the design technology team in knowledge of automation and tooling. You will work with in a small Design Technology team that supports all Rivian Facilities team.
You’ll establish goals and build tools/automations to support of the real estate, design, architecture and engineering, construction and operations teams. Our design technology automation program is new and we will be tackling efficiency issues that our design and construction seek to improve. The automation program is also heavily focused on maneuvering large data sets from our factory facilities models. This program is very important to the success of our Lifecycle Management models and digital twins. We look forward to speaking with you about Rivian and want to emphasize the importance of submitting both a resume and portfolio or work sam
- Develop and support Design Technology automation tools that service our internal teams.
- Lead our design technology automation strategy as it relates to launching digital twins of our factories
- Work closely with the standards and prototyping team to create efficiencies via automation tools to improve our project delivery process.
- Build design automation tools that assist design for our internal architects.
- Build and maintain databases that collect project metrics across multiple types of buildings and make the data available with a data visualization platform ( ie tableau, PowerBi, Looker)
- Support team with integrations and tools for Autodesk products such as BIM360.
- Develop interoperability tools that bridge gaps between AEC tools (Rhino, Revit, BIM360, Navisworks, Bluebeam)
- Develop interoperability tools that bridge gaps between automotive industry tools (Revit, Inventor, CATIA, Tekla, Solidworks)
- Innovate to create and deploy custom solutions for design team.
- Lead/coordinate office Tool training for internal teammates.
- Research, develop and evangelize new design technology tools to maintain best-in-class service and efficiency from both internal and external partners.
- Document processes, procedures and workflows.
- Work with the Design Technology Lead to collect project metrics for the Rivian’s portfolio of assets, standards initiatives, and establish reporting of key performance indicators.
- Work across many projects of various types and be able to identify system and standard development needs.
- Collaborate seamlessly with other Design Technology Managers towards a collective vision.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in architecture or similar. Master’s degree strongly advisable.
- Degree in Computer Science, Advance degrees in Computational Design, and full stack development programs a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in an advanced design technology role supporting an AEC team or similar.
- Deep knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit, BIM360, Navisworks, and supporting applications.
- Experience working in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or related industries, with detailed knowledge of project processes, milestones and deliverables.
- Deep knowledge of Python.
- Experience in C#, Python, VB.NET, and DesignScript.
- Experience with Web Development and Autodesk Forge.
- Familiarity with developing your code using GitHub with collaborators.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, and/or Looker.
- Experience working in scrum teams, working in sprints, and delivering on fast timelines.
- An articulate communicator able to convey design technology-related concepts to all levels of design and delivery professionals.
- A technologist at heart, someone who loves to explore solutions via technology and is vigorous when faced with complex problems.
- Comfortable with working with large data sets, including but not limited to: JSON, XML, SQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to keep an audience interested in live Revit demos.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands.
- Comfortable in a startup/fast-paced and changing environments.
- Passion for personal development and gaining expertise in the discipline of architecture technology.
- Experience with architectural, engineering, virtual construction processes and workflows.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and constantly seeks out new opportunities to improve system processes and protocols.
- Reliable, responsive, and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and technological support to project teams.
- Punctual, able to adhere to deadlines, and have a strong work ethic.
- Understanding of with Lidar scanning technologies i.e. Point clouds and Autodesk ReCap.
- Deep Knowledge of Dynamo & Grasshopper.
- Knowledge of CATIA, a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.