Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Partner with Brand, Industrial & Vehicle Design teams to create novel products and experiences.
- Create, adjust, and deploy working methodologies that scale with the organization, driving efficiency into operations.
- Stand up engineering sections as required to achieve business and product development objectives (mechanical engineering, continuation engineering, surfacing, electrical engineering*, firmware engineering*, etc.).
- Represent adventure products product development progress, status updates, escalation requirements in senior program leadership reviews.
- Ensure product solutions deliver customer value, preserve critical features, and design intent.
- Interface and partner with senior leaders of development resources (e.g. Electrical Hardware, Software, Simulation, Functional Safety) to secure resources required to deliver integrated adventure products and experiences on time, on budget.
- Lead decisions & resolve conflicts across the organization as they arise around manufacturing methodologies, product construction, technical vehicle integration issues or tradeoffs, interfacing regularly with senior leadership.
- Create budgets and resource plans for engineering design and development of adventure product portfolio.
- Interface with domestic and international manufacturing partners to achieve design, reliability, and cost targets.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated multi-disciplinary team management
- Minimum 15 years of experience
- Experience developing world-class automotive and/or consumer products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on approach: proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
- A strong understanding of design intent, a desire to preserve it, and the ability to drive a high-performance team to deliver it
- Extensive experience partnering with diverse teams to identify problems and create automotive or consumer products and services to solve them.
- Extensive experience working with domestic and international suppliers, driving them to integrate and develop novel technologies
- A first-principles, systems-thinking approach to solving problems
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A strong desire to build creative and collaborative team culture aligned with Rivian’s mission.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.