Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Security Site Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the leadership and administration of security operations at the factory. He or she will provide oversight, general leadership, and direction to the guard staff. Additionally, the Shift Supervisor will partner with key stakeholders to continuously assess and improve the security posture of the factory and warehouse locations. He/She will promote a culture that improves employee satisfaction and retains a skilled and motivated workforce. In the absence of or at the direction of their manager, the Shift Supervisor will assume the initial role of incident commander during major events. The role is key in supporting a proactive, consultative, and service orientated culture for Security at Rivian.
- Provide leadership and training to the on-site security guard force
- Draft and maintain Standard Operating Procedures & Post Orders
- Partner with various facility stakeholders to resolve security incidents and improve the security posture of the site
- Exercise independent judgment in directing the activities of the security officers
- Coordinate emergency response for medical calls, fires, and other priority incidents
- Conduct regular patrols and site assessment surveys to ensure site integrity
- Complete detail-oriented security reports as requested/required
- Assist with Video Review and Access Control requests as needed
- Ensure training and screening requirements have been met for all members of assigned shift
- Support and develop the officers in the performance of their duties, manage poor performance as required
- Ensure quality of service, contract compliance and operational KPIs are met
- Assume overall leadership of Security Operations in the absence of the Associate Manager
- Collaborate with the Training & Awareness Team to identify training needs for both guards and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Loss Prevention Team to identify and mitigate loss
- Provide physical security presence to de-escalate and mitigate threats against property and personnel
- Integrity and professionalism
- Servant Leader mindset, positive attitude, and excellent customer service skills
- 3+ years of security, law enforcement, military, or emergency response experience
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and lead emergency operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (formal training in verbal de-escalation preferred)
- Able to interact with staff of all levels, in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work all shifts, including nights and weekends
- Be 18 years or older with a valid Driver’s License, capable of standing/walking duration of shift
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.