Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead validation of integrated Infotainment software releases at the subsystem level.
- Develop test plans and automated scripts to verify core functionality of continuous integration builds.
- Develop test plans and scripts to verify system level attributes such as key performance metrics.
- Connect Infotainment validation systems with Engineering test reporting systems and dashboards.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to integrate the Infotainment system into prototype bucks and mule vehicles.
- Support test teams for vehicle level end-to-end feature verification and validation.
- Support failure analysis and root cause analysis for test and integration issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related field.
- 5+ years hands-on experience integrating and testing Automotive Infotainment sub-systems or similar consumer electronics devices.
- Experience developing configuration, measurement, and testing scripts using Python within the context of a test automation framework.
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD) software development models.
- Solid understanding and experience with POSIX-based embedded systems; one or more of Linux, Android, QNX.
- Fluency with debugging communications issues involving Ethernet and CAN using industry standard tools.
- Experience with audio, video, graphics subsystems and peripherals is highly desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Passion to take software from development to a verified product.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.