Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Provide technical expertise for all injection mold tooling related topics through the Body organization.
- Upfront injection mold tooling feasibility throughout the product development process from cradle to grave.
- Review tooling estimates (cost & timing) for efficiencies and align with purchasing teams
- Develop and implement low volume and prototype tooling including printed tool components.
- Support and review supplier tooling designs and quotes for changes.
- Develop and maintain Tooling Best Practices: Design Standards, Technical Specifications, etc.
- Lead collaborative problem-solving.
- Cooperate and participate in product design activities to assure optimum utilization of new tooling technologies.
- Review and guide mold flow best practices and drive coloration during mold/tooling qualification.
- Maintain tooling open issue lists, progress reports, trip reports, meeting minutes and presentations to peers and management as required.
- Drive Advanced Tooling Technologies which improve Rivian’s competitiveness.
- Provide problem solving support and direction to tooling suppliers both foreign and domestic as required.
- Bachelor Degree (BS Engineering preferred).
- 10+ years of injection mold tooling related experience in all aspects of tooling design, tool manufacturing, and delivery in the automotive industry.
- Proven experience with handling multiple complex projects simultaneously
- First-class communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across multiple sites & time zones to a wide range of audience
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems using a first-principle physics based approach
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- Sound commercial and financial awareness
- CATIA V5 proficiency
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency
- Flexibility to travel to launch locations for extended periods as necessary
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.