Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Understand and troubleshoot fluid delivery systems
- Demonstrate application with understanding the science of appearance
- Must be able to interpret engineering process sheets and apply paint layers to the requirements
- Remain in assigned work area unless otherwise requested to support another zone
- Complete all shift communications before end of shift, i.e. Communication emails, Paint schedule changes, and Equipment repair
- Perform QC checks including dehydration checks, colorimeter, wavescan, PELT, and elcometer
- Perform Robot cleaning
- Perform bell cup cleaning & inspections
- Responsible to produce quality with the minimum amount of material
- Quarterly feedback to TM's, TC's and Quality group
- Robot fault recovery
- Complete assigned Robot PM's
- Support line during lunch and breaks
- Operate lift trucks as required
- Can read and understand Work instructions.
- Can provide training to others as we bring on additional help.
- Understands FIFO principles of stock rotation and shelf life.
- Capable of working with other groups (quality, maintenance, engineering) to achieve the goals of Rivian.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Minimum of 1 year experience programming industrial robots. Rivian will provide ABB specific training or have 5+ years manually painting automotive parts
- Must demonstrate competence of ABB simulation software within 1 year of being in the position. This software knowledge will be required for Rivian to provide future model launch capability in application automation
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.