Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the Diversity Strategy Manager, you will drive the development and execution of all talent acquisition initiatives that focus on attracting and hiring top diverse talent across the Rivian enterprise. In this role, you will work alongside our team of talent acquisition leaders, from early-career to executive, to strategically develop talent pipelines for all underrepresented groups, including: female engineering talent, black & Latinx talent, the LGBTQ+ community, and military veterans.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all internal and external diversity-focused talent acquisition programs and initiatives, with a sharp focus on early-career talent
- Develop & manage strategic partnerships with national organizations, universities, and foundations aligned to developing and attracting diverse talent
- Design, execute, and grow metric-based strategies and programs that increase representation in line with key business objectives
- Lead strategy & execution of national diversity conferences, including stakeholder management & training, marketing, booth conception, interview/offer process, etc.
- Drive partnerships with HBCU’s, HSI’s, and other key institutions
- Develop tools, resources, and trainings to equip and educate our talent acquisition function on how to best increase representation and further shape our culture of belonging
- Partner with Rivian Program Manager of Belonging to align on enterprise strategy
- Minimum 5-7 years in Talent Acquisition, Recruiting, or similar field, with a focus on DE&I
- Preferably at least 3 years of University/Early-Career recruitment experience
- Successful track record of developing and executing end-to-end recruitment strategies
- Passion and proven success in program management
- Deep knowledge of top universities and colleges, with a sharp focus on HCBU’s and HSI’s
- Strong relationships and connections with national diversity organizations
- Proven ability to lead and influence team, as well as internal/external stakeholders
- Proven ability to foster new partnerships, interact, communicate, and influence at all levels
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.