Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
You’ll take the adventure of a lifetime. Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles, and Rivian is reinventing how we think about vehicle reliability.
As a Technical Project Manager – Reliability Diagnostics, you will work with a team of top-notch engineers and scientists and play a key role in building a platform for monitoring and assessing vehicle health that has never been done.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver production-level hardware and software platform for monitoring vehicle health
- Collaborate closely with wide range of engineering teams: Powertrain, Chassis, Infotainment, Low Voltage, Firmware, Test and Development, and others
- Work directly with team members focused on experimentation, model generation, and embedded software
- Drive the development of an in-vehicle hardware and software platform for monitoring vehicle health.
- Balance production deliverables with research and new technology development across a multi-disciplinary team
- Communicate team goals, needs, and deliverables to broader organization to align on support with other development teams
- Coordinate within team across testing and experimentation, model generation, and model deployment
- Work with broader organization to prioritize development roadmap
- Support preparation for executive reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 3-5 years of project management experience
- Passion for building an amazing product
- Deadline driven mentality and ability to guide development along a production cadence
- Interest in working with a multidisciplinary team to create a ground-breaking vehicle application
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with data scientists, software engineers, and mechanical engineers and keep progress moving along a production schedule
- Ability to thrive in a close-knit cross-functional development environment
- Strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills and ability to understand a wide range of vehicle data sources
- Excellent knowledge of software development methodology (Agile, Scrum, etc)
- Proficiency with software development tools, e.g., Jira, Confluence
- Familiar with hardware development, and hardware/software integration
- Familiar with cloud computing and data storage
- Experience in Automotive (preferred) or Consumer Electronics industry
- Experience with or strong interest in audio systems and applications
- Familiarity with physics-based and/or ML model generation and deployment
- Experience with complex mechanical systems
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.