Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Delivery & Field Operations team is an exciting emerging team at Rivian that manages critical behind-the-scenes operations, including title and registration.
In this position, you will be responsible for launching and managing the Rivian Vehicle Registration team, which will primarily be responsible for facilitation of paperwork, handling lien payoffs, and finalizing vehicle registration for our customers. You will design the vehicle registration playbook, the single source of truth for all EMEA based markets, and you will build paperwork operations to best serve both internal and external consumers.
Your primary day-to-day responsibilities will include operations management, people management, and process improvements.
This is what you'll do:
- Manage daily operations of the registration team supporting vehicle registration
- Optimize processes to reduce waste and to improve customer satisfaction
- Utilize off-the-shelf and Rivian internal tools to manage multiple paperwork processes and statuses
- Establish and manage vendor relationships that support the registration process
- Supervise department staff, including hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, and evaluating performance.
- Work closely with Consumer Finance, Delivery & Field Ops, Customer Support, Digital, Legal, and Treasury teams to streamline cross-functional workflows
- Create and maintain the registration playbook for all countries and understand regional nuances surrounding documentation, registration, fees, etc.
- Manage paperwork quality, including regular paperwork audits to check for errors
- Manage workflows to create/mail paperwork packets to customers in order to support registration for sales in remote areas
- Work with cross-functional teams to minimize error rates that slow down the registration process
- Assume special assignments as related to the registration and deployment of consumer and enterprise vehicles as needed
- Build the vehicle registration framework, processes, and tooling to support perpetual expansion
This is what you'll need:
- 8+ years of experience in managing and executing on the end-to-end vehicle registration process (across multiple countries a plus)
- 5+ years of experience in developing and managing workflow processes
- Experience in people management
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Experience building a team/department from the ground-up
- Expert in registration software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Strong passion for automotive technology is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.