Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We are currently looking for an experienced product manager to join our dynamic team.
As a member of the Product Management team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting industrial Manufacturing Execution System projects. You will own, from a product management perspective, the successful delivery of a Manufacturing Execution Systems. You’ll join a team of very skilled, talented and passionate people, always bringing the industry best practices to our workflow
The ideal candidate has technical interests coupled with a good business acumen and has previously been exposed to industrial automation, connectivity, data historians, cloud service providers and has evolved into a product management role and is at ease to speaking both technical and business languages.
This is what you’ll do:
- Gather business requirements and use cases from Rivian business units, stakeholders, and, other product managers. Use this data in the Manufacturing Execution Systems roadmap strategy
- Prioritize the roadmap deliverables and secure required development resources to ensure timely delivery of those roadmap items
- Track roadmap execution plan accordingly and teams’ alignment around implementation trade-offs that might be required
- Interact with stakeholders to ensure Manufacturing Execution Systems success
- Translate the data gathered to build a case for decisions presented in the roadmap
- Champion the MES product vision and strategy, exhibiting good product judgement, continuously setting clear and measurable objectives and monitoring the product's progression to achieve these
- Communicate this strategy to all the relevant participants and stakeholders
- Work with the associated teams to define architecture, technologies, processes, and development efforts required for the delivery of MES products
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer sciences
- Minimum of two years of hands-on experience in product management. Project/ Program/ Delivery, Agile and/or Iterative Waterfall environment
- 10+ years of professional working experience in MES implementations and support
- Strong understanding and knowledge of MES
- Ability to lead a team of SMEs in the MES area
- Build and manage a small number of SME’s running the shop floor
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- Deep understanding and application of Agile project management tools and methodologies. Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary is an asset
- Ability to rationalize design decisions in a clear and objective manner, and challenge engineering teams to produce their best work
- Proven business acumen with ability to translate business objectives to application/architecture requirements.
- Ability to translate technical challenges into business related impacts.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Knowledge of industrial data historians, data collection, data visualization and reports
- Knowledge of cloud software development technology and modern practices
- Team Spirit
- Good Communicator
- Ability to navigate complex organizations, entities, partners, and vendor ecosystems and maintain health connect with multiple task teams spanning from Product management, R&D and PMO.
- Bilingual – Ability to communicate in writing and spoken in both French and English
- Great problem solver - who can think through problems and develop solutions quickly
- Open minded – able to think within and outside the box
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.