Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Be the embedded firmware owner for a stationary energy systems monitoring, controls & analysis platform
- Develop embedded C code and debug at the hardware level
- Understand application level code and translate into embedded code for the target platform
- Deploy real-time operating systems (RTOS) and optimize memory management, timers, tasks and threads
- Work on device drivers and interfaces that are commonly used such as SPI and bus standards such as CAN/LIN and Modbus RTU and TCP/IP
- Evaluate and select embedded microprocessors based on requirements
- Work with software engineers and embedded hardware engineers to clearly define performance boundaries and expectations
- Build test scripts for automated code testing using scripting languages such as Python/Perl/Unix shell
This is what you’ll need:
- Embedded software development experience
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience writing device drivers for embedded platforms
- Experience with bug tracking tools such as Jira and requirements management tools such as Jama
- Experience developing test plans and developing automated testing for embedded software
- Experience with battery energy storage systems or power conversion systems is desired
- Experience with successful large-scale commercialization of an embedded product and post-launch product support is desired
- 10+ years industry experience
- At least a Bachelors degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Stationary Energy Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.