Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Associate Security Manager, Production, is responsible for assisting with the leadership and administration of security operations at the factory. The Associate Security Manager will be responsible for managing the onsite Security Operations Team and providing direction regarding Security Program development, strategy, and risk management initiatives. In the absence of or at the direction of the Manager, the Associate Security Manager will assume the role of incident commander during major events. The role is key in establishing a proactive, consultative, and service orientated culture for Security at Rivian.
- Assist with building and managing the overall security program during and after the construction of the Illinois factory campus. Provide security recommendations in the design and construction of the factory and oversee physical security systems and controls.
- Assist with shaping the Factory Security Team- acquire, retain, develop and mentor the best team and talent.
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to the internal Site Supervisor Team.
- Grow and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop security risk mitigating strategies.
- Create and implement policies/procedures to support the Security Program.
- Conduct regular patrols and site assessment surveys to ensure site integrity.
- Collaborate with the Loss Prevention and Investigative teams to identify and mitigate loss.
- Assist with managing the onsite guard force and SOC.
- Support development and delivery of security awareness activities.
- Ensure quality of service, contract compliance and operational KPIs are met.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive security industry or related experience, including people management experience.
- Experience in leading a security function at large sites or factories.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with technical security systems (access control, surveillance, project/case management programs)
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate and be able to travel domestically.
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, detail oriented, confident, energetic, and flexible
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.