Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design and develop functional test equipment for printed circuit board assemblies
- Design and develop electronic and mechanical Special Test Equipment (STE) supporting development, validation and production testing of a DC Fast Charger product
- Document test equipment designs via electrical wiring schematics and mechanical assembly drawings
- Work closely with the engineering project teams to ensure test equipment designs align with the software and hardware requirements
- Direct activities of prototype build lab personnel during fabrication of the test equipment
- Develop test procedures defining specific test setup requirements and instructions
- Use data acquisition, data processing and analysis software such as Matlab or LabVIEW
- Create test summary reports and provide data analytics
- Utilize standard electronic test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters
- Use instrumentation such as thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, pressure gauges, and flow meters
- Support technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing
- Participate in design reviews, requirement reviews, DFMEAs, PFMEAs and Hazard Analyses
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- B.S. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5 years’ experience preferred designing circuit board assembly functional test equipment
- 5 years’ experience preferred designing test equipment for high voltage power electronics or high voltage battery chargers
- Knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, communication and bus protocols (RS232, CAN, GPIB, Ethernet, USB)
- Familiarity with modular test instruments and National Instruments I/O Systems (PXI, cDAQ)
- Ability to use schematic and PCB design software tools such as Altium or the OrCAD Software Suite
- Familiarity with environmental test set ups and test error proofing
- Programming ability in LabVIEW is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.