Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for touch function hardware/firmware development and touch panel technology
- Define touch performance specifications – component level and end-to-end system level
- Define fault detection and alert mechanism for touch function
- Drive hardware/firmware design and implementation with component suppliers, tier 1 suppliers, and internal teams – display HW/SW and relevant ECU teams
- Responsible for component, subsystem, and vehicle level DFMEA’s and validation plans/reports as related to touch function
- Prototype bring-up, bench and vehicle level testing
- Investigate into novel touch technologies/implementations and other input methodologies that will enhance usability cost, quality, reliability and/or performance
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields; Masters or above preferred
- Minimum 5 years working experience on digital, analog, mixed signal, power conversion, and firmware R&D
- Knowledge on touch technologies including capacitive touch, typical touch panel constructions and optical/mechanical design including cover glass, and touch controller interfaces
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing processes and materials as related to touch panels
- Knowledge on and familiarity with using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, and other typical EE bench equipment
- Programming and testing touch panels using custom built touch robots
- Familiarity with schematic capture, PCB layout, FPGA development systems and tools, and simulation tools (Spice, Matlabs, etc.)
- Working knowledge in design for EMC
- Familiar with digital signal integrity, interface timing, analog signal and power rail quality analysis and debug
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.