Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead, facilitate and coordinate design failure modes (DMFEA) for the propulsion system with powertrain engineering, Electric Power conversion, quality and reliability teams
- Coordinate development of DFMEA for component, system, and vehicle level.
- Linking and development of validation plan with validation members to DFMEA
- Work with system and component DREs to review supplier failure modes and validation plans
- Lead and facilitate design-based failure mode reviews for powertrain system
- Participate and lead root cause analysis for problems with powertrain components. Facilitate team using root cause analysis tools such as 6 Sigma and Red X.
- Work with test operations group to schedule and perform testing to meet program objectives for design failure modes
- Create professional reports for root cause analysis and validation
- Report status of design failure and validation to management
- BS in Engineering with minimum 3 years of relevant experience required
- 5-15 years of demonstrated experience developing and implementing electric vehicle requirements and/or validation
- Knowledge and application of DFMEA and tools such as Plato
- Understanding of test methods and familiarity DVPR plans for powertrain systems
- Hands-on experience or great knowledge and interest to execute test plans to validate electric powertrain systems and/or components
- Demonstrated experience with the design, construction, implementation, and validation of electric powertrain test equipment
- Full understanding of system level powertrain DV and PV testing
- Fundamental understanding of electric powertrains
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.