Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Solution and build enterprise-grade Cloud infrastructure for business needs, primarily with AWS products
- Develop Cloud standards and best practices for high availability & reliability business needs
- Use CloudFormation and Terraform to automate AWS tasks and deployments
- Handle and resolve support tickets related to business requirements in AWS
- Write Python based Lambda functions to automate tasks
- Mentor, coach and assist development teams with AWS solutions, best practices and documentation
- Provision AWS networking, VPCs and VPN connections using Service Catalog
- Automate CI/CD processes using Git and CodePipeline
- Management of Windows Server, Amazon Linux 2, Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL systems
- Being organized, self-driven, capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems
- Collaborate with remote IT and business team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical solutions and processes
This is what you’ll need:
- Solid experience in large-scale AWS environments handling solutioning, automation, governance and support.
- Extensive hands-on experience in provisioning, managing and monitoring AWS networking, compute, governance and security solutions using automation.
- Ability to handle and resolve IT support tickets for a variety of AWS based solutions
- Ability to organize and multi-task across various business team requirements and their solutions
- Experience using CloudFormation and Terraform to automate AWS tasks and deployments
- Writing Python boto3 Lambda functions to automate tasks
- Experience with range of AWS products to build, scale and secure networking.
- Solid experience with a broad range of AWS products including EC2, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, EKS, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS.
- Automating CI/CD processes using Git and CodePipeline
- Some management of Windows Server, Amazon Linux 2, Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL systems
- Being driven, capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed
- Collaborate with IT staff at multiple locations to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly desired
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Hosting Services
Location: Palo Alto, Irvine areas in California preferred, Normal(IL) is optional
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.