Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Build, correlate and maintain occupant safety CAE models related to FMVSS and UN-ECE safety regulations
- Integrate interior CAE component models such as overhead-system/trim/restraints into the systems model
- Verify proper behavior of each component model within the CAE full system model
- Ensure proper CAE model organization, model robustness and efficient model run time
- Analyze and optimize safety systems performance for compliance with FMVSS/UN-ECE regulations; develop counter-measures as needed
- Correlate CAE models to component level and full system level tests
- Provide solutions during physical test to achieve performance requirements
- Engage directly with component suppliers in case CAE model revisions are required to achieve performance targets
- Work closely with Rivian’s safety testing lead to ensure that the test-setup reflects the directions from CAE and that the data needed for model correlation is being collected
- BS in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering required, MS preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with LS-Dyna automotive safety component and system level CAE modeling
- Proficiency with the common pre- and post-processing tools (Hyperworks, ANSA, LS-PrePost)
- A strong understanding of the FMVSS-201 and UN-ECE-21 regulations
- A strong understanding of FMVSS-201 countermeasures and how to tune them in order to meet performance requirements
- A strong understanding of interior trim and cockpit components and the tuning knobs regarding their contribution to the overall head impact performance
- Understanding of side curtain airbag deployment CAE modeling would be beneficial
- Experience with CAE model correlation on component and system level
- Experience with physical testing of safety components and systems (static tests, impactor tests)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.