Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Technical Security Engineer will be responsible for Rivian’s physical security technology stack. You will support the architecture, health, programming, and development cycles of our hardware and applications – from frontend to backend. You’ll drive innovation and operational efficiencies by deploying emerging technologies, building deep integrations, and creating frictionless experiences for our end users. While no two days will end up looking the same, generally speaking you’ll be responsible for the following things:
- Ensure operational availability and development of Rivian’s physical security technology stack, including all programming, integrations, dataflows, and dependencies
- Program, configure, and harden all technical security devices, apps, and platforms
- Provide L2/L3 escalation support for our technical security maintenance team, GSOC/SOC, and security operations teams
- Maintain databases, datasets, and logical access to all technical security systems
- Support cross functional business teams with requests for workflows, features, and integrations
- Foster close collaboration with partners in IT, including our Cybersecurity, Networking Infrastructure, Platform, and Support teams
- Drive heavy R&D cycles for emerging physical security technologies
Some teams have strict requirements about certifications, degrees, and things like that. Not us! We’re more interested in the unique perspectives and expertise you’ll bring to the team, rather than acronyms on your resume. However, you’ll be much more likely to be successful in this role if these bullet points seem like a good description of you:
- You’ve been a technical security engineer for a while now, probably in the realm of 5+ years
- Your technical skills are wide and deep. You’re a master of physical security technology, including all core IT dependencies, and you’re a wizard at things like querying, scripting, and hardware/software dev
- You enjoy building things. If we handed you a pile of parts and a soldering iron you would build us something great!
- You’re really good at deploying resilient, scalable, solutions that are frictionless for end users
- You frequently get praise from your peers and coworkers about your communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have effective methods to handle stress and pressure, even in high intensity or emotionally charged situations and environments
- You're meticulous and demand perfection
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.