Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a Data Scientist adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for problem solving in our product and processes. They must have a proven ability to drive results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets to improve business outcomes.
- Uses a variety of data mining/data analysis methods & tools, building models & algorithms and creating simulations in order drive a robust issues management and problem-solving tools.
- Work with stakeholders throughout Enterprise Quality to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive the problem solving including multivariable analysis for high variation manufacturing issues as well as design sensitivity issues.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze performance and data accuracy.
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Proven ability to drive results with their data-based insights
- Relevant quality analytics experience
- Strong problem-solving capability and attention to detail
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Power BI or Tableau a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Understanding of quality systems, methods, tools, standards, customer expectations
- Knowledge of AIAG (DFMEA, PFMEA), VDA and related tools a plus
- Comfortable working in a strong cross-functional and collaborative environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.