Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Digital Technology Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle. That’s all of our customer and internal applications across web, mobile, and in-store experiences. To that end, we are developing a world-class technology platform that will make learning about, purchasing, and enjoying our electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless, and fun.
As a Frontend Engineer, we want you to join our diverse, talented, and collaborative group, building large-scale client-side applications using modern micro-frontends and micro-services. You will contribute to the creation of reusable frameworks and tooling, pushing for modularity and continuous integration and delivery. You will partner with other engineers, designers, and product managers to build these friendly and memorable experiences for our internal and external customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team early on and help grow our digital technology platform's technical foundation.
What you will do:
- Create client-side applications along the vehicle customer journey, from the moment the customer takes the keys, to their experience when charging, to when their vehicle needs service.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage, load time of the apps
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high-quality bar is maintained
What you bring:
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience, with 2 years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
- Experience building distributed systems at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second
- Excellent HTML5, SASS/LESS, Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP experience
- Experience working with AWS or GCP, and CDNs
- Great understanding of SEO & Web accessibility principles
- Great understanding of caching, security and privacy principles
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser cross-platform compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
- Experience with Node, Webpack, GraphQL a plus
- Experience with Serverless Architectures a plus
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – metrics, centralized logging, tracing
- Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage – comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling, source control
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas by rapid prototyping
- Data driven mindset with strong attention to detail, and ability to A/B test scenarios
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM or a similar software development life cycle process
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field preferred
Where you’ll work, when the world can safely reopen:
Department: Vehicle Service group within Digital Technology
Location: Vancouver, BC
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.