Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Digital Technology Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle. That’s all of our customer and internal applications across web, mobile, and in-store experiences. To that end, we are developing a world-class technology platform that will make learning about, purchasing, and enjoying our electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless, and fun.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, we want you to join our diverse, talented, and collaborative group, building large-scale client-side applications using modern micro-frontends and micro-services. You will contribute to the creation of reusable frameworks and tooling, pushing for modularity and continuous integration and delivery. You will partner with other engineers, designers, and product managers to build these friendly and memorable experiences for our internal and external customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team early on and help grow our digital technology platform's technical foundation.
What you will do:
- Create client-side applications along the vehicle customer journey, from the moment the customer takes the keys, to their experience when charging, to when their vehicle needs service.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications.
- Come together with your peers to share ideas, ask why with an open and curious mind, learn from each other’s diverse perspectives, to deliver great work as a team.
- Develop, unit test, and document performant code, ensuring efficient browser memory usage and fast load time.
- Help define the architectural vision of the team.
- Mentor other engineers, helping them learn and improve their technical skills.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of software engineering industry experience, with 2+ years of building large scale enterprise-grade systems, preferred.
- Expert at designing, building, and maintaining robust, large-scale distributed systems that can handle millions of transactions/second.
- Proficiency with HTML5, SASS/LESS, Rest APIs, JSON, HTTP.
- Experience building contributing to mobile apps using React Native.
- Experience contributing to integration and end-to-end testing suites and frameworks.
- Familiar with Node, Webpack, GraphQL.
- Familiarity working with AWS Lambdas and Kubernetes, or other serverless and container-based architectures.
- Great understanding of Web Accessibility.
- Great understanding of caching, security, and privacy considerations.
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Great at cross-browser and cross-platform debugging to pinpoint those inevitable compatibility issues.
- Clear and compelling communication of your thoughts and ideas.
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM in the software development life cycle.
Where you’ll work, when the world can safely reopen:
Department: Vehicle Service group within Digital Technology
Location: Vancouver, BC
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.