Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Maintain the plant team’s programming schedule to better connect and increase effective communications across a fast-growing, distributed workforce with highly differentiated skill sets and job classifications
- Be a resource to our Facilities, Environmental Health and Safety, People (HR), and manufacturing teams to ensure high employee engagement for general information, meetings, events and celebrations
- Work alongside the Brand team to produce digital and print content including but not limited to email, supplemental materials, regular newsletters, digital and physical signage
- Help keep all employees informed on important items like benefits, performance management, learning and development opportunities, talent acquisition, wellness, safety and other key People (HR)-related programs
- Show (not tell) a compelling story about what life is like for our folks in our Normal, IL location
- Focus on cultivating a culture of safety, environmental stewardship, and motivation to do our best work
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- At least three years of internal and employee-focused communications experience in manufacturing, healthcare, academia, utility service or other complex, multi-audience environment. Have a little less experience? Talk to us about why you’re a great fit.
- “That’s not my job” isn’t in your vocabulary: you’re willing to pitch in, learn, adapt, and work as a truly integrated team
- Passionate storyteller: you share stories through a variety of mediums, whether they’re in-person events, virtual settings, or in writing (photography and graphic design skills are a plus)
- Energetic and personable: a large part of the job will be relationship-based interactions
- Skills to distill complex topics into resonant, easy-to-understand content
- Excellent writing and editing skills: you overcome writer’s block and are known for crossing t’s and dotting I’s
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites or some form of graphic design
- Super organized and committed to follow through
- Ability to consider the bigger picture and possess the willingness to get into the specifics when needed
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.