Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Develop and continually improve a Quality Academy for Rivian to ensure we achieve world class skill levels needed to support our Quality strategy. This position will drive annual skill development across Enterprise Quality to help establish Rivian as a World Leader in Quality.
- Develop a Quality Academy program aligned with the required skill sets defined by our Quality Policies, Procedures, and Standards to support our product quality lifecycle deliverables.
- Develop a trail guide of training materials across the Quality Academy curriculums to grow individual skill sets, including instructor and ongoing coaching guides.
- Develop, maintain and deliver annual training plans for the Enterprise Quality team, as well as other cross functional activities.
- Be considered the Subject Matter Expert for advancing our Quality Academy aligned with business growth and technology advancements.
- Review the Enterprise Quality training program performance to identify any gaps in compliance to current policy, procedures, or standards, as well as effectiveness of content, and deliver solutions.
- 10+ years Quality Management experience, ASQ certification a plus
- 5+ years product development / manufacturing experience in automotive industry
- Significant Quality tools experience that are used across an automotive product quality lifecycle such as: Kano Models, Design FMEA, Process FMEA, Control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis, Problem Solving process and tools, etc.
- Knowledgeable in training teams related ot chainin Red-X, Six Sigma, 8D, or other structured problem solving methods and the tools used.
- Master Black Belt desired
- 5+ years of equivalent experience with training development and instruction
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to drive teams to come together along the problem solving journey
- A passion for working in a strong cross-functional and collaborative environment
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent related experience
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly in person and/or on telephone.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.