Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- You will work on Rivian’s Self-Driving team as a Cloud Software Engineer. You will be involved in designing, developing, and placing into production cloud-based applications and services that support Rivian’s Safety and Autonomy projects.
- You will design and build web services and APIs that support collection of sensor data (LiDAR, RADAR, camera, GNSS) used for algorithm development and training deep learning networks.
- Write code that optimize the use of AWS services, such as data storage and content delivery.
- Managing full AWS lifecycle, provisioning, automation security.
- Design, implement, and manage scalable and resilient cloud infrastructure as well as automation tooling for routine operation tasks.
- Participate in team activities such as peer code reviews and design collaboration efforts.
- Manage implementation and the ongoing operation of cloud services as per approved designs, adherence to patterns, security requirements and certify all logging and monitoring are active for security and compliance.
- Confirm that required operational, performance, capacity, security, and other required metrics, reports and dashboards are created and reviewed.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Deep knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem
- 5+ years in a software developer position
- 5+ years developing code in Python, Java, or Golang
- Knowledge of software development technologies, processes, and tools (i.e., Agile software development)
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL models.
- Understanding of cloud security models and API security models
- Knowledge of web services / RESTful APIs and/or GRPC or GraphQL
- Data structures and algorithm development
- Understanding of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks
- Experience with Big Data models (map-reduce techniques, massive parallel processing, etc.)
- AWS certification
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.