Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Rivian Self-Driving Team is looking for an experienced vehicle tech that has experience working with ADAS and self-driving technologies. The ideal candidate will be familiar with vehicle sensor retrofits, creatively implementing mounting racks, installing vehicle logging system hardware, wiring, and technical troubleshooting. This candidate must also be able to perform vehicle maintenance.
- Perform diagnosis and repair of prototype vehicle’s electrical/mechanical/software
- Fabricate and/or modify existing prototype components/fixtures
- Maintain detailed records of all work performed
- Maintain test equipment in operational condition by performing routine maintenance and making minor repairs/adjustments as needed
- Install instrumentation, test equipment, and other components on prototype vehicles in accordance with engineering specifications, standards, and/or test procedures
- Communicate directly with engineers and other technicians to ensure a high level of technical support
- Load and transport prototype vehicles to specified test locations as needed. (Class A CDL +)
- Test drive vehicles on closed tracks
- Travel 10%
- 5+ years of technician / mechanic work experience in the automotive industry- Electric/hybrid vehicle experience preferred
- Valid driver license with clean record
- Advanced driver training. (preferred)
- Strong automotive electrical understanding
- High Voltage electrical knowledge and training
- CAN/LIN network understanding
- Minor fabrication experience
- Strong technical and mechanical ability
- Experience with ADAS technologies and systems
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.