Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As an Event Team Manager, you have a great responsibility to ensure that customers who attend our events walk away feeling intimately cared for and supported. We are seeking to build a team of customer-centric individuals with an uncanny ability to deliver exceptional hospitality. You will humanize the process towards ownership with a can-do attitude and ability to innovate on the fly to meet the customer where they are in their own journey. You will be proactive in finding the best solutions at hand and continue to evolve and refine thinking to ensure we over-deliver on every aspect of our customer’s expectations.
Demonstration drives are the moment in which our customers will experience our vehicle and our brand for the very first time. Your role is to enhance their experience with the subtleties in which we greet, engage, and guide them through their time spent in our space by leading by example and supporting your field team in this process. The demonstration drive program provides our preorder holders a chance to ask questions, experience the product, and discover what is next on their Rivian journey. This program will begin with tours launching in the summer for an approximate 4-month duration.
As an Event Team Manager, you will be the main lead for our 20+ person tour field team, ensuring that all staff are cared for and supported during this extended tour program. You will be responsible for managing the event staff team in alignment with corporate staff onsite. Throughout the tour you will provide daily communications back to the corporate field engagement team. Safety of our staff, our guests, and our assets will be your number one priority. You will take on a leadership role to help foster growth and development of the field team. Most importantly, your role as an Event Team Manager is to utilize the guiding principles of our company compass to over deliver in everything you do.
- Participate in a 4-month travelling demonstration drive tour program with 100% travel within the United States. Some candidates may be considered for Canadian event support at a later date
- Operate tour program 4-6 days a week on foot and outdoors with travel to and from site locations
- Act as the lead for tour team including product specialists, vehicle specialists, security, and other event day vendors ensuring that all staff members deliver a quality experience to our guests
- Be the eyes and ears for the corporate field engagement team providing daily updates on event flow, suggestions for improvement, and forecasting for future events
- Support the scheduling of tour field team including call times, break schedule, and down days to ensure high quality performance can be maintained for the entire duration of the tour
- Support the training and continued education of our field team staff
- Develop close relationships with the tour field team to foster growth with each individual
- Respond to incidents following defined processes, leveraging onsite resources, and while maintaining a calm demeanor with staff/customers with immediate communication to the corporate field engagement team
- Event Team Managers are not directly responsible for facilitating the build and strike of an event site, but will be asked to work collaboratively with the production team to recognize areas for improvement and help provide honest and impactful feedback as needed to improve the customer experience
- Deliver demonstration drive experiences that are best-in-class, authentic, engaging, educational, and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all event components, experiences, and programming: CRM, configuration, EV education, and demonstration drives
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and playbooks to deliver the best experience possible to our customers and team that follow our policies and procedures
- Jump in with any team member, on any task, to maintain successful operation and ensure your event is driving positive results. Operate with a can-do attitude to help make a positive impact for the customers we serve and the overall team
- Represent the brand 24/7 both on and off site
- 5+ years of experience providing outstanding customer service, delivering product demonstrations, activating field events, supporting hospitality and facilitating test drives
- Previous demonstration drive tour experience as a tour manager leading a team of 15+ people required
- Have strong people skills and experience managing a large team
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and engaging working style with a commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Ability to multi-task while providing exceptional quality of work
- Excellent verbal language skills in English, additional languages a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing timelines
- Ability and willingness to travel 100% of contracted schedule inclusive of weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR and possess valid driver license
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.