Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Drive innovation in vehicle electrical systems – You will be driving electrical system design and requirements with hardware and software for current and next generation Rivian vehicles.
- Breakdown Complex Problems – You will break down functions and features to their core components and work with teams to build them into unified productionized requirements and solutions.
- Optimize Solutions – You will be working in cross-functional teams to drive and represent electrical systems in vehicle architectural discussions while maintaining engineering performance attributes.
- Hands on design - You will own the development of the vehicle electrical system. You’ll be hands on with lab cars, prototype, and test vehicles to debug, refine, and optimize.
- Integration and Testing – You will work with Rivian to evaluate system failure modes, create integration plans and validation plans, and support the execution of these test plans.
- Technical leadership – You will lean on your experience and expertise to help grow your colleagues
- Zoom Out and then Dive in – You will use your first principles approach to drive design, identify and resolve issues; then own the implementation of the solution.
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, or Equivalent
- 10+ years of experience working in systems or electronics
- Ability to collaborate and drive direction through multidisciplinary discussions
- Ability to dive deep into electrical first principles
- Deep technical understanding of size, weight, cost, power balancing and efficiency across a vehicle
- Experience using schematic capture, harness design, or related electrical system design software
- Mentor Graphics Tool suite, Enovia, and CATIA V6 a plus
- Demonstrated Strong Creative thinking and problem-solving toolbox.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.