Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Responsible for release, maintenance, and change management of service parts. Role requires high levels of initiative, independent judgement, and indirect leadership capability.
- Work with Service Engineers to develop Service Part Level Plans (supporting service strategy and service part release) for assigned commodity/ programs.
- Release production part assemblies into serviceable sub-systems for an efficient and effective service part strategy.
- Manage service parts change process as related to released parts.
- Investigate and resolve interchangeability of existing service parts concurrent with the release of new service parts.
- Work closely with PLM team to define and enhance solutions needed for service part management.
- In coordination with Service BOM analyst, review and audit SBOM for completeness and errors.
- Serve as the knowledge expert on SBOM part management.
- Analyze and resolve engineering deviations, suggestions, and internal/external customer inquiries relative to service parts.
- Support Dealer Field Action bulletins (safety, compliance, emission, customer satisfaction, service update).
- BS in Engineering, Automotive Technology or similar technical degree
- Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
- Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area.
- Experience in Catia V6 and Delmia environment a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.