Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Strategize with the Senior Manager of Plant Communications on appropriate external and internal communications involving Rivian’s Central Illinois operations
- Assist in onboarding and educating all new non-exempt plant team personnel
- Build and maintain relationships with Plant Leadership Team, especially the VP of Manufacturing, Director of Plant EHS, Plant Facilities, Employee Relations, Plant People Partners, Plant Security, and Plant IT teams
- Assist in management of local, state and regional media inquiries and relationships
- Manage local, regional and state government/NGO relationships
- Manage regional public policy initiatives and relationships
- Develop and maintain plant policies with all relevant communications team members and cross-functional teams
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- At least five years of media relations, public relations, government relations or another relevant external communications experience
- “That’s not my job” isn’t in your vocabulary: you’re willing to pitch in, learn, adapt, and work as a truly integrated team
- Passionate storyteller: you share stories through a variety of mediums, whether they’re in-person events, virtual settings, or in writing (photography skills are a plus)
- Energetic and personable: a large part of the job will be relationship-based interactions
- Skills to distill complex topics into resonant, easy-to-understand content
- Skills to bring all needed participants to the table for important community-based or plant-specific conversations
- Superior people skills: you must be able to observe, adapt and navigate all ranges of personalities, both in the workplace and around the public landscape
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.