Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Supports material flow for new product requirements
- Researches and reports information to resolve plant vs computer system discrepancies
- Controls inventory integrity
- Performs both planned and unplanned cycle counts
- Works with finance to adhere to financial and system requirements
- Participates on the Plan For Every Part Team (PFEP)
- Manages cycle count database
- Investigates losses, gains or record errors, investigates part histories to identify misuse, specification problems, unaccounted scrap, or possible theft
- Supports material analysts, inventory analysts, and material handling on source changes associated with inventory counts
- Analyzes production material receiving records
- Performs end of model obsolescence counts (supplier over-shipments, interplant and Service Parts sales, disposal of physical inventory)
- Interfaces with finance and other production control teams on material issues
- Supports the production organization while adhering to inventory control procedures
- 2nd Shift Availability Needed
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” software such as SAP Preferred
- College degree or “1” year equivalent experience preferred
- Previous cycle count experience highly preferred
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs preferred
- Knowledge of systems interface between Enterprise Resource Planning and Manufacturing Execution Systems “MES” preferred
- Good organizational and prioritizing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude
- Ability to create and present detailed and summary reports
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Ability
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to walk frequently; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.