Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Set up test fixtures and equipment.
- Maintaining and organizing lab equipment such as cell-tester, chamber, and chiller.
- Making SOP for tests and test equipment maintenance.
- Execute physical/dimensional and electrical tests using cycler (Arbin, Maccor…) and potentiostat (biologic, solartron…) and other cell-test related equipment.
- Document test results and present to cell engineer/scientist.
- Associate degree in electrical engineer/science with experience in laboratory environment.
- Understand basic electrical knowledge such as ohm’s laws and circuits.
- Understanding basic chemistry and know to handle the common laboratory equipment and procedure.
- Detail oriented. Try to get thing completed in a timely manner.
- Humble to learn new knowledge and develop new skills.
- Passionate about lithium ion batteries.
- Proficient in MS office package (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in lithium ion batteries, module, and pack are a plus.
- Experience in cylindrical, pouch and prismatic are a plus.
- Understanding how lithium ion batteries operate, including electrical/electrochemical and safety characteristics is a plus.
- Good knowledge about handling air-sensitive materials (electrode, electrolyte, and separator) is a plus.
- Hands on experience with cyclers (Arbin, Maccor…) and potentiostat (biologic, solartron, Gammy…) is a plus.
- Experience with building and installing harnesses is a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.