Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will have current and past model responsibility for driving quality improvements in all systems for Rivian products. Management responsibilities will include support from Product Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality. You will lead the efforts to reduce warranty and improve attributes. This will be achieved by clearly defining identifying and prioritizing top customer issues and working with various teams to establish the problem statement, implement interim containment, determine the root cause, and verifying that the permanent corrective action truly resolves the issue.
· Communicate top issues and solutions across all functions
· Lead Cross-Functional stakeholders while addressing warranty concerns and attribute error states
· Represent the customer across the entire vehicle to assure proper team focus and priorities
· Identify & resolve internal failures and external warranty - develop work streams to resolve top issues
· Report out status on quality improvement plans and projections
· Review product and process changes for impact
· Use the Rivian 5 Problem Solving toolset to ensure proper root cause understanding and us of Compass Values
· Engage Rivian quality improvement expertise on difficult and challenging projects
· Warranty return issue management
· Support field campaigns through prevention reviews and issues management
· Act as liaison between manufacturing and product development and leading continuous quality improvements
Lead the workstreams necessary to meet both internal and external quality objectives
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering
• Incredible interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence other functions
• 5+ years of automotive experience, preferably a combination of product design, program management and quality
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment and assist repair teams in diagnosing units
• Fundamental understanding of a quality system and its development, documentation and implementation to standards or requirements
• Ability to plan, control and assure product and process quality in accordance with quality principles, which include planning processes, material control, acceptance sampling and measurement systems
• Basic knowledge of reliability, maintainability, and risk management, including key terms and definitions, modeling, systems design, assessment tools and reporting
• Ability to acquire and analyze data using quantitative methods across a spectrum of business environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.