Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Partnership Development Manager (Northeast), L2 Charging Network will be part of the Rivian Parks Program Business Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for originating and developing partnerships with city governments, towns, county governments, utilities, and non-profits to deploy Level 2 EV charging within public parks and recreation areas with our Northeast region. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and growth-oriented individual who will structure and execute partnership agreements that will drive impactful growth of Rivian’s Level 2 EV Charging Network at public outdoor recreation spaces.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for originating and developing partnerships with municipal, county, and non-profits to deploy Level 2 EV charging within public parks, outdoor recreation areas, and green spaces.
- Outreach to potential partners Lead partnership structure negotiations with government entities, municipalities, townships, and utilities to better support Level 2 deployment at public outdoor recreation spaces.
- Identify and execute creative partnership opportunities / deals that can best support and further shared goals between partner and Rivian’s L2 network sales efforts.
- Structure partnership arrangements that best match the partner’s and Rivian’s goals for EV charging infrastructure.
- Work with attorneys to draft, negotiate, and execute partnership agreements.
- Develop site deployment list with partner and manage site intake and site due diligence.
- Cultivate highly effective, deep relationships with partners with a focus on achieving annual deployment targets according to program strategy.
- Represent partner’s needs to drive impactful collaboration with cross-functional teams in product, program management, marketing, and field operations aimed to grow Rivian’s L2 network ecosystem in a manner to reduce barriers to EV adoption.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related.
- 5+ years of experience developing clean energy infrastructure projects with government entities
- EV charging infrastructure project experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of EV charging technology and the competitive marketplace.
- Business development/Sales experience.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners, as well as to collaborate with cross-functional teams to guide implementation of strategic plans and accomplish goals on tight deadlines while balancing multiple priorities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- High level analytical ability where partnership structures are multi-faceted and complex.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand environment while managing multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with various Utility & Government incentive programs for EV Charging Infrastructure
- Customer-first approach with a relentless passion to improve the charging experience through great, usable solutions.
- Willing to travel more than 50% of the time
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Charging & Energy Solutions
Location: Northeast, USA Remote
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.