Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app, and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless, and fun.
We are seeking a strong Senior Engineering Manager to join our Order & Connectivity Engineering team. In this role, you will lead a group of world class software engineers to define, design, guide and build best-in-class platform and data integrations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work with product managers to understand the requirements and architect solutions – you are able to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate broadly applicable solutions.
- Lead a team of talented engineers to design and develop backend services (REST API) and event driven architecture with synchronous and async 3rd party integrations. In addition, the team will also provide data insights and foresights on various data usages.
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practices for software engineering
- Collaborate with various partner engineering teams to support their needs in a timely manner
- Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum service up-time
This is what you’ll need:
- Minimum of a combined 12+ years of experience as a software engineer and manager.
- Minimum of 3-4+ years of experience as an engineering manager managing people.
- Possess strong experience in building end-to-end cloud native, distributed platform.
- Experience in integrating with multiple systems incl. 3rd party systems.
- Experience building IoT solutions that involve complex lifecycle integrations is a plus.
- Strategic mindset – able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution and providing glide path into the future vision
- Strong system design and architecture skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile work environment Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration while hiring to retain top talent.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.