Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
HW Validation Engineer, Electrical
In this role, you’ll work as an Electronics Validation Engineer and work closely with cross functional teams to determine various stress testing activities for our ECUs. You’ll focus on defining test strategies, test plans, test cases, and overall component level testing of our electronics.
- 3+ years of experience in testing automotive or Aerospace/Defense
- 3+ years of related experience working in design and development of electronics products
- Experience in laboratory testing and equipment: Bench level, thermal chambers, vibration tables, Electrical, EMC, etc.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar fields.
- Ability to work cross functionally with various Software, Electrical, and Design teams
- Working knowledge of(ISO/IEC 17025)requirements in testing labs.
- Proficient knowledge of Automotive communication systems such as CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, Flexray
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, electrical schematics, and mechanical drawings.
- LabView, Test Stand and CAPL programming skills (preferred)
- Ability to analyze product requirements and determine test strategies
- Working knowledge of requirement management tools such as JIRA, JAMA
- Great collaborative communicator with the ability to solve the root cause analysis
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with cross functional teams
- Plan and Execute Durability, Electrical and Functional Validation Testing Activities for component level testing of our Electronic Control Units (ECUs).
- Develop detailed test plans for all phases of product testing test scripts and test fixtures in collaboration with HW/SW design teams to support validation testing activities.
- Establish traceability using requirement management tools and version control.
- Develop test strategy, test cases, review functional and environmental test plans.
- Participate in Bill of Design assessments, CTS, DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, CTR, etc.
- Provide data analytics from tests conducted
- Develop, maintain, and enhance technical documents, templates, and tracking ofBoD, BoM, CTS, DFMEA, ADV Toolbox, Drawing Templates, and Lessons Learned
- Create test development schedules and test execution schedules
- Investigate test failures through data analysis and failure reproduction.
- Responsible to identify and assess potential risks that could impact project timing, customer quality
- Continuously look for ways to improve the safety, performance, and customer satisfaction with Rivian products.
- Collaborate with various Design and Engineering teams
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.