Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Reporting to the VP Corporate Development, the Corporate Development Leader for Battery will be responsible for executing on Rivian’s strategic vision for battery cells. In particular, Rivian is focused building competitive leadership in battery cell technology, cells cost and security of supply for cells. To enable Rivian achieve its goals, the successful candidate will lead:
- Lead the evaluation of investment opportunities;
- Be responsible for structuring and financing of appropriate corporate transactions;
- Contributing to the development of Rivian’s overall strategic plan;
- Lead the coordination and integration of strategic initiatives.
The Corporate Development Leader for Battery will scope and structure, manage and execute all aspects of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, agreements to secure supply, joint development agreements and all other related activities for Rivian. This role will be located at Rivian’s Northern California (Palo Alto), however this role can be 100% remote for the right candidate.
- Review business plans and presentations, providing recommendations pertaining to their financial opportunity and strategic fit with Rivian’s objectives
- Maintain a working knowledge of the industry, emerging technologies, business models, and overall strategic objectives
- Work alongside internal and external legal counsel to structure transactions, e.g. investments, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and financing
- Serve as interface to development of international markets
- Develop new market initiatives, assess new markets, and analyze business opportunities
- Conduct financial feasibility studies and develop proposals for new business opportunities
- Track and review actual results versus plans and forecasts for monitoring business performance and compliance
- Build financial models to validate the cost/benefit of new initiatives
- Synthesize and articulate key findings as appropriate for sales, operations, finance product development, and executive audiences
- Develop and execute corporate merger and acquisition initiatives aligned with short and long-term business strategies
- Maintain a dialogue with investment banks and other intermediaries to ensure acquisition opportunities are identified in a controlled way
- Work with Rivian’s key stakeholders to encourage and support growth opportunities through merger and acquisition initiatives
- MBA with B.A. / B.S. in Business, Finance or related field
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, or corporate development
- Deep knowledge of the electric vehicle, cell technology, cell manufacturing and cell supply chain industries
- Key industry relationships
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and the public
- Proven experience in analyzing and helping drive strategic partnerships
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning, negotiation, and implementing skills
- Advanced comprehension of industry practices including financial and investment markets
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Experience and comfort in reporting to senior (C-Suite) stakeholders.
- A hands-on leader with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Financial modelling
- Transaction due diligence
- Transaction management and execution
- Structured thinker with the ability to synthesize complex strategic questions into clear recommendations
- Proactive with an ‘owner’s mindset’
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing, and editing skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.