Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Design and develop cellular software stack and algorithms for Rivian’s Telematics system
- Design and Implement state machines for control, data and voice services for interfaces with cellular modem/modules
- Develop object-oriented designs, abstraction layers, middleware and system services for embedded Linux systems
- Define and implement good power, connection and network policy management for handoff and roaming scenarios
- Collaborate with other HW, BSP team, wireless software developers, system architecture and test teams in architecting a scalable software platform
- Ensure good software architecture practices are followed across the team; actively contribute to code and design reviews; perform unit testing to deliver high quality software
- BS/MS in Computer science, Electrical, Computer engineering with 4+ years of software development experience
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills
- 4+ years of experience with modem interfaces, AT commands, good understanding of 3GPP protocols, carrier certifications/PTCRB/GCF
- 3+ years of algorithm development
- Prior experience developing drivers for PCIE, USB, UART, GPIO, or I2C
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP suite, memory management and file systems
- Good understanding of ARM processors, toolchains, and Linux OS
- Strong first principles thinking along with excellent analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
- 3G/4G/5G platform knowledge
- Prior experience with firmware updates and Device Management
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.