Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for designing, configuring, and maintaining, Windows Servers, Linux Servers (CentOS/Ubuntu), VMWare, DellEMC Hardware/Storage
- Creating/Managing AWS Servers, EC2/Route53/RDS/etc..
- Manage network security with knowledge of: FortiGate, dell switches, Cisco Meraki AP’s
- Being capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed
- Collaborate with remote IT team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 3-5 years (or relative) in a Systems or Desktop support role, where you learned the nuances of IT Administration
- Bachelor’s is preferred for this position
- Experience with: DellEMC Hardware, Windows/Linux Servers, Active Directory, Office 365, AWS (1-2 Years)
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from helping end users get what they need in a timely manner
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests, and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks, without getting distracted by email, chat or other adhoc communication
- A Teacher – Able to teach end users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy to understand way
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete in times of low tickets
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.