Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Software Integration and Test Manager
Rivian’s Connectivity software team is responsible for connecting our vehicles and products to web, cloud and personal devices using a combination of Cellular, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, UWB and NFC technologies. The team is chartered to develop full software stack that enables syncing rich data between vehicles and cloud.
As a Software Integration and test Manager in Connectivity SW team, you are primarily responsible for providing hands on leadership for the SDETs and Systems integration engineers responsible for shipping high-quality software on time for multiple programs.
- Architect and develop automated test frameworks and sub-system testing of telematics module
- Responsible for designing testing solutions for an agile team that is developing various wireless software stacks and vehicle telemetry solutions
- Coordinate with technical leads, Engineering program managers and developers in making timely high quality software releases to vehicle integration and validation teams
- Implement early integration strategies and influence developers to build and release features in increments
- Lead engineers in triaging field issues and escalating to development
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders like Hardware, SW, vehicle test teams and vendors in identifying dependencies and effectively removing bottlenecks
- Anticipate and identify risks, develop actionable mitigation strategies that sets up the team for success
- Provide strong leadership by reframing problems when the team is faced with ambiguity, obstacles/deadlocks and steer them towards solving prioritized problems
- Expertly manage stakeholder expectations for both technical and non-technical issues
- Take keen interest in product requirements and pay close attention to details when planning projects
- Passionate about building connected systems/solutions that help accelerate adopting sustainable transportation solutions
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, Electrical engineering, or other related technical fields
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on engineering leadership roles. Preferably, direct experience with launching products/solutions
- 3+ years of python, C/C++ software development experience with cloud-facing embedded systems or networked products
- Strong understand of wireless middleware and software stacks that run on POSIX, Linux, or Android solutions
- Good working knowledge of testing inference models on embedded devices for data analytics solutions
- Excellent critical thinking and experienced in managing trade-offs when defining solutions
- Extensive knowledgeable about web, protocols, networking data security and privacy
- Proven leader who can take full ownership with a proactive attitude
- Excellent communication, organization, and collaborative skills
- You are a hands-on engineer who can build, lead, and manage a team of strong software, test, and systems engineers
- You have worked on taking wireless software or consumer electronic products from concept through final releases
- Good knowledge of one or more of these wireless technologies - LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or GPS
- Prior experience with IoT, automotive, telematics or fleet management products or connected services
- Ability to apply different testing strategies across product lifecycle
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.