Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The main commercial systems and processes to be built span across four areas:
- Commercial FP&A: Partnering with Corporate FP&A, Product Development Finance, Sales Operations/S&OP, Strategy, and Manufacturing to model retail revenue and gross margin for budgeting and forecasting
- Commercial Financial Operations: Partnering with Accounts Receivables/Treasury, Accounting, Retail, and Logistics to ensure the order-to-cash process is smooth, efficient, tax-compliant, and that necessary and helpful transactional data is available for financial analysis
- Investigate, research, model and present findings recommending the best course of action regarding new business opportunities, market entry/exit decisions, etc.
- Product Insights: partnering with Vehicle Telematics, Enterprise Quality, and field service operations to enable deep understanding of the costs to repair and maintain the Rivian car
- Manage monthly forecast and annual budget process for Commercial Finance team. Responsibilities include creating timelines for deliverables; communicating processes and timelines to business and finance partners and ensuring timelines are met; understanding all P&L line items, drivers of financial performance and communicating results and issues to management; preparing financial statements and presentations for Rivian management. Provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made; and ensuring reports are accurate and distributed in a timely manner
- Define/refine KPIs that explain business and supply performance and drive associated actions
- Transform data into actionable insights and recommendations. Present clear and concise results, including processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Partner with Commercial Finance Manager – Sales/Inventory to improve business performance based on insights generated from S&OP
- Act as finance liaison for Rivian Commercial Finance team responsible for identifying and communicating key issues, opportunities, resolution plans and timelines, and ensuring they receive current sales forecasts so they can plan operating cost efficiently for order volume
- Manage key data/business analytics needs of the Commercial team, assess analytics tools to fit business needs and drive strategic decision-making using data (ex: predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions)
- Leverage data analytics skills to create/supervise the creation of analytical dashboards utilizing tools such as Power BI, Tableau to address strategic needs of business units and functions
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Evaluate current processes and tools to drive efficiencies and value-added enhancements
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to influence decision making with financial perspective
- Recruit, manage and develop team
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, advanced business acumen mindset
- Proven ability to develop effective business partner relationships
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles and theory
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
- Proven experience budgeting, planning, forecasting, closing and reconciling operating expenditures
- Strong communicator, with ability to partner at the most senior levels of the finance organization and experience presenting and build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills reflecting prioritization with a sense of urgency
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum 7 years of related business experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility with emphasis on retail inventory planning and forecasting
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.