Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Responsible for managing the projects for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting network hardware and software with Rivian facilities and across vendor locations
- Manage network security with knowledge of: FortiGate, Cisco equipment
- Being capable of troubleshooting, analyzing and diagnosing issues as needed
- Collaborate with corporate wide IT team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
- At least 8 years (or relative) in a network support role, where you learned the nuances of network administration and design
- Hands on experience with the following :
- Cisco ISE & DNA implementation experience
- Wireless design, integration and troubleshooting
- Cisco Nexus 9K commissioning and management experience
- Experience with: LAN/WAN, Firewalls, Access Points, Switches and Routers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from helping end users get what they need in a timely manner
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests, and prioritize them based on impact
- A Teacher – Able to teach others and end users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy to understand way
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete for future planning
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is helpful, but not required.
- Bachelor’s is preferred for this position
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.