Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
You will inspire and lead a talented group of engineers with responsibility to deliver the aerodynamic, heat management and HVAC attributes / performance. You will use simulation (1D & CFD) as well as testing (climatic chambers, wind tunnels and track side methods) to investigate concepts and complete design validation against program targets. You will apply continuous improvement methods, provide leadership and work with commodity teams to develop technology roadmaps.
- Lead a talented group of engineers to ensure robust delivery of aerodynamic, aeroacoustics, water management as well as HVAC attributes against all vehicle programs
- Manage integration of attributes into vehicle styling and engineering surfaces
- Deliver attribute targets to project timing and budget constraint
- Develop and execute a robust department simulation and physical validation plan – working to cascade targets from a vehicle level down to a component – ensuring clarity in DVP
- Responsible for developing and managing a team structure, ensuring roadmaps for team development
- Enable the team to develop and manage method and process for attribute target setting, development and signoff using a mixture of testing and simulation methodologies
- Define technology roadmaps for future programs to ensure Rivian remains cutting edge in aero system execution
- Work with commodity teams to proactively ensure hardware selections meet performance requirements
- Prepare presentations of material to support external and internal project status reviews, as well as design meetings
- Develop strong relationships with studio and design teams to enable creativity while meeting targets
- Train and develop a team of world class talent
- Manage opening and closure of engineering concerns
- Previous experience in product development with focus on aerodynamic attribute delivery, ideally within the OEM automotive sector
- Strong leadership behaviors
- Proven track record of ability to define, manage and delivered system level attributes
- Degree Qualified in relevant engineering, or product design
- 15+ years experience in automotive aerodynamics
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.