Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a core member of the Employment Marketing team, you will lead strategy and implementation for recruiting events that Rivian creates and hosts as well as partnering across the business to drive our approach to partnerships with meaningful external events that may have thousands of attendees.
You’ll love this job if you find it rewarding to create a vision for an event and then manage details to ensure that attendees have an amazing experience and business goals are met. You’ll feel the importance of your work every day as Rivian continues to grow rapidly, and you’ll have the chance to directly affect the way our brand touches the thousands of people who attend the events you lead. This role will benefit from your big picture perspective and will be successful thanks to your hands-on approach.
Early successes will include building a scalable event program, leading creation and execution of virtual events (physical, post-covid) and developing an “event-in-a-box” to execute easily with partner groups. For larger events, you’ll ensure coordinated transportation, travel, lodging, attendance, and lead collection. This is truly a chance to grow by building a business.
The role is exciting for its visibility across the talent acquisition organization, our people team, PR and our brand and marketing orgs. Over time, you will be exposed to partners across the business, and you’ll play a role in shaping the evolution of our employer brand experience. Rivian is a high-growth company, and recruiting events play a key role in making that growth happen. If you have a passion for hosting events, crafting compelling stories, and evangelizing a mission of stewardship, you’re reading the right job description!
- Create recruiting events that help us find, attract, and hire an inclusive team of adventurous thinkers to power Rivian’s growth and success.
- Plan and execute events that generate candidate pipeline in support of hiring goals for teams across Rivian.
- Bring our employment brand to life by making events engaging, entertaining and informative, showcasing our mission, products, culture, people and thought leadership.
- Oversee the end-to-end planning and tracking, from concept, to defining business requirements, to delivery, to evaluation. Create project plans and meet timelines.
- Coordinate scheduling with internal teams, create marketing deliverables and invitations, promote on owned and paid channels.
- Build event presentations (and leverage past ones), delivery specifications, and communications plans.
- Facilitate content approvals with brand, legal, HR and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate event registration, logistics, and delivery.
- Train program partners on virtual event technology, processes, and resources.
- Supervise design and execution of event surveys and evaluations to measure the success of the event programming and logistics.
- Develop and manage program budgets.
- Lead reporting on program status, outcomes, learning and return on investment.
- Project management skills, including coordinating, tracking, documenting and reporting.
- Success working with partners across functional areas to build strong working relationships, inspire teams, and influence without authority.
- Ability to present to, interact with and persuade stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Self-driven, with organizational skills, follow-through, and results orientation.
- Experience managing vendors and budgets for event programs.
- 5+ years of delivering events and programs for a recruiting function or lead generation or field marketing function, ideally both virtual and in-person events.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.