Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a seasoned retail expert who desires the challenge and excitement of building something from the ground up. You will develop and co-own our Retail new site opening process and coordinate the launch effort across the Retail and cross-functional teams to ensure each site is operationally ready. You will be responsible for ensuring a seamless, successful, and on-time opening. As our Retail Operations Specialist, you will establish Retail’s digital tools requirements – ensuring our systems needs are clearly documented and communicated to the Digital Team and optimized for a best-in-class customer experience. You can support all aspects of retail operations and will coordinate our fleet vehicle needs, playbooks, and a variety of special projects as we bring our unique style of Retail to life.
- Co-lead for all Retail site launches in partnership with Facilities Commercial Ops Site Lead; Coordinates turnover and opening timing with Facilities Commercial Ops, act as primary point of contact for all cross-functional team members during Retail Ops setup phase and be responsible for ensuring the most up to date and accurate updates are communicated to teams effectively
- Own the coordination of weekly status meetings and updates. Send site specific and portfolio level updates to leadership on a predetermined cadence. Manage project tracking of all potential sites in the pipeline, site launches in flight, and drive postmortems post launch
- Ensure seamless, successful, and on-time new site launches
- Coordinate and lead "last mile" on-site retail operations set-up for new site openings
- Partners with the Retail Program Manager to maintain overall timelines for all Retail Operations initiatives and is responsible to tracking and communicating workback schedules of all initiatives and up to date maintenance of Retail confluence pages and operations smartsheets
- Establish digital tools and program business requirements - understands every aspect of our business and can convey our needs and requirements in a story or memo that can be further broken down into functional business requirements to be shared across cross-functional teams. Understands the Product Requirements/Build flow and can help prioritize deliverables. This includes POS, Inv Management, SFDC, Comms (phone, email), Scheduling tools, etc.
- Responsible for the retail fleet vehicle management – act as the primary point of contact with Fleet team, communicating retail vehicle strategy and needs. Own coordinating delivery schedules and load in/out with Fleet and Facilities teams across all retail locations, ensuring seamless scheduling and tracking of deliveries. Responsible for tracking & relaying timing updates to Retail and additional impacted teams
- Retail Fleet Vehicle maintenance, service, and cleaning SOPs – lead the development and documentation of Retail fleet SOPs, working in close partnership with fleet and service teams to develop our best practices
- Support the development and upkeep of the Retail Trail Guide – our operational playbook
- Support day-to-day Retail Operations and project manage special projects as you identify the need for ownership or as assigned to you
- 3+ years in retail operations and store management experience preferably in a direct-to-consumer business model
- New store opening support or project / program management experience is a plus
- Deep curiosity for next generation retail formats and consumer experiences
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and apply a scrappy and resourceful approach to everything you do. Solve problems and overcome challenges with creativity and ingenuity
- Working knowledge experience of retail systems: POS, inventory management systems, and CRM
- Proven ability to drive process improvements across all areas supported
- Ability to analyze data and report out findings that are actionable by both business and technical teams
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Working knowledge of project management processes, tools, and software to enhance productivity – Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Confluence and Smartsheets a plus
- Ability and willingness travel up to 25% of time
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.