Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Customer Service is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and memorable moments that our customers will love. In this role, you will take ownership of guiding customers seamlessly through the transaction to delivery process, as well as their ownership journey. As the customer’s primary point of contact, you will provide your customers the ability to enjoy planning their ownership experience while you take on as much of the leg work required to navigate them through the purchase process. Day to day responsibilities will include tracking and monitoring the progression of your customers through the transaction to delivery steps; utilizing phone, email, chat, and SMS as your means of communicating; partnering with Finance, Insurance, Registration, Trade-In, Delivery, Charging, Service, Warranty, and Roadside Assistance. We’re looking for someone who loves people and is excited to take every opportunity to overdeliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our Rivian customers, fans and community.
- You will take ownership and manage a group of customers through their end-to-end journey with Rivian from vehicle selection through to ownership
- Track and follow up on any tasks that need to be completed on behalf of assigned customers in order to provide an exceptional purchase and ownership experience
- Collaborate with our Service Partner teams
- Share trends and areas of opportunity to improve the experience
- Provide exceptional quality of service during every interaction with our customers paying close attention to sentiment
- Educate. We are introducing products that challenge what people believe to be possible. This requires us to breakdown complex ideas into something easy to understand and fun to read
- When possible, you will greet your assigned customers in person if they are accepting delivery in Normal, IL
- Participate in virtual and in person tours as assigned
- Think strategically and interpret analytics and track progress using reporting and dashboards
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in high volume customer service role
- 3+ years’ experience in account management or dedicated customer relationship management/sales role preferred
- 1-year experience in a call center environment required
- EV industry experience preferred
- Experience using CRM, Salesforce
- Exceptional organization skills; ability to track each assigned customer’s progress through transaction to delivery; prioritize workload with exceptional quality
- Proven ability to multi-task and navigate multiple work streams and tools
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English, bilingual a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing timelines
- Requires nights/weekends as needed; based on customer needs and urgency
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.